apologies for a late Report, the events since Sept 11 have left very
little time for hobbies in my business, journalism. First I would
like to thank MLAA Officers for almost overwhelming hospitality
during my brief stay in England. Also thanks to the organisers and
exhibitors for a wonderful atmosphere at the show. I am the first to
acknowledge that our views on our own breeds are influenced by the
personal baggage we carry, in my case I have exhibited my own dogs
in Scandinavia as well as the US, attended US, national specialities
and judged the breed in several European Countries and Australia
throughout the 1990’s. I am also reminded of what I saw at the Ch
Shows in England in the 1980’s and these experiences lead me to
conclude that the breed must be going through a down cycle right
quite frustrated in trying to find the shape of a dog that, to me,
epitomizes a Lhasa; an elegantly arched neck flowing smoothly into
the well laid shoulders, level back with a short loin, ending in a
well angulated rear and balanced with a well carried
many exhibits were too long in body, lacking an elegant smooth
outline. I was quite appalled by the prevalence of poor fronts,
which I am not used to and quite a few dogs had insufficient hind
angulation. Never a mouth fanatic, I was nevertheless surprised to
see so many narrow underjaws with lower canines the size of
incisors. On the plus side, the large, round eyes which one sees
elsewhere were mostly absent, although there were a few slightly
round skulls and so were the fluffy, soft coats, although
presentation and grooming on some exhibits could have been
- Shekyl’s Showa Fantastic With Pantulf. Strongly built male with
excellent proportions, elegant topline and good tailset, nice
compact body, moved well. BPIS;
- Young’s Avonbourne Tit For Tat. Particolour. Lots of style. Very nice head and expression, nice neck
and topline, more immature in body than 1.
- Allsop’s Chamando Puccini. Nice outline and good movement, very
nice body proportions, would prefer stronger underjaw;
Fallingfoss Benji. Very nice head, good body for age but needs to
grow on his legs, nice hindquarters;
- Platt’s Deelayne Never Say
- Shekyls’ Saxonsprings Secret Desire With Pantulf. Stylish
youngster with excellent outline, lovely neck and topline, would not
give his best in movement here;
- Surtees’ Katay Tropical Storm.
Masculine youngster with nice outline and proportions, nice head and
expression, needs to mature in coat
- Jones’ Tarendes Principal
- Cain’s Kutani Reckless. Very nice outline and proportions, elegant topline, well angulated rear, nice presentation;
- Showa Fantastic With P; 2 F Benji.
- Secret Desire With P;
- Surtees’ Katay Tropical Storm;
- Donaldson’s Diquest The Designer.
- Sumner’s Truern Pole Position. Typical outline with lovely neck
and topline, nice compact body, nice hindquarters, good coat
texture, moved well;
- Allen’s I’m Nearly Famous For Daraghugh.
Golden with lovely coat and condition. Nice head and expression.
- Reece and Webster’s Knadykone Konradiktion.
- Shand-Robinson’s Chethang Granville For Shanclar. A flashy crËme
with lovely outline and beautiful topline which he held when moving,
lovely tail. Nice hindquarters, strong bone. Nice head and
expression, coat a touch dry today. BD, BIS;
- Young’s Avonbourne
All Spice. B/W Particolor, soundly made and moving well, preferred
head and expression of 1;
- O’Doherty’s Blaze Of Glory At Chicane.
- Quelch’s Kutani Lionheart For Ardquin. Golden male in beautiful
coat and condition. Very typical movement. Nice neck and topline,
lovely head and expression;
- Walker’s Shigatse Tyler. G/W particolor, nice outline and proportions. Moved well, would have
preferred a little more leg;
- Woosnam and Shekyls’ Am Ch Orlane’s
- Reynold’s Jardene Cantona. Well presented G/W particolor, correct
proportions and typical movement. Nice head and expression. Res D
- Reece’s Knadykone Konundrum. A little heavier and
longer bodied dog, good topline, nice head and beautiful mouth.
Excellent coat texture;
- Simmons’ Mercedes Midnight
- Ogden’s Apsosengkye Weng Chen. Outgoing particolor, nice
proportions and outline. Good head and expression. Well developed
body. Moved nicely. BPB;
- Waterhouse’s Chtaura Beautiful Dreamer.
Gold, nice topline, good head and expression, nice body, needs to
settle in movement;
- Rohson’s Apsosengkye Princess Ling.
- Cassidt’s Deelayne Ylang Ylang. Very feminine puppy, nice outline
and proportions. Nice dark eye and good expression. Good coat
texture. Showed well;
- Safraz and Young’s In Vogue By Farouche.
Promising pb with nice topline, good shoulder, nice hindquarters and
moved with drive;
- Rout’s Tantra’s Harriott To Simuje.
- Woosnam’s Saxonsprings Secret Dreams. Very stylish bitch with
elegant outline and topline finishing in nicely carried tail. Well
angulated rear. Moved well. Res BB;
- Young’s Avonbourne A Touch Of
Spice. B/W bitch with the loveliest of heads and expressions. Nice
proportions. Showed well;
- O’Doherty’s Anniseed Practical Magic.
- O’Doherty’s Anniseed Practical Magic. Grey and white
particolor, nice proportions, good head and expression, lovely tail.
- Young’s Avonbourne Lily The Pink. B/W particolor, very
nice head and expression. Very good front and front movement, nice
- Givens’ Kilifi Annabella.
- Safraz and Young’s In Vogue By Farouche;
- Rout’s Tantra’s
Harriott To Simuje. Golden with nice topline, well angulated rear,
good body, preferred the neck and shoulder of 1;
- Allen’s Quaymore
- S Secret Dreams;
- In Vogue By F;
- T Harriott to S.
- Davies’ Nico Star Fly. Well presented cream bitch with good
length of leg and nice proportions. Very good topline ending in well
carried tail, maintained her topline nicely on the move. Nice head
and expression. BB, RBIS;
- Jones’ Tarendes Passion Bear. Well made
feminine particolor, showed well;
- Woosnam and Shekyls’ Hashanah
- Shand-Clarke’s Deelayne Beyond The Pale For Shanclar. Lovely
bitch, full of dignity who seemed to improve as the class
progressed. Well made, nice head and expression, good topline;
- Everett-Rees’ Cheherezade Alzena. Elegant golden bitch, nice head
and expression, nice topline, beautiful coat. Preferred rear
angulation of 1;
- Woosnam’s Saxonsprings Silent Memories.
- Sumner’s Truern Serenissima. She may not be flashy but is very
well balanced, most pleasing outline which she held in movement.
Lovely tail. Excellent coat condition and presentation;
Kiss Kiss Kutani. Gold and White bitch, nice outline, very nice head
and expression, moved well with good topline;
- Lewis’ Sp/port Ch
Shiawandi Ga Ga.